Family Pic Nov 2015

Family Pic Nov 2015

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Julia's age confirmed

So this evening we received an email that confirmed Julia's birthday is Nov. 2006, not "early 2008" as had been posted on Reece's Rainbow.  I am having mixed emotions with this news.  I am, of course, concerned that they not move her to an institution (which is what I understand they typically do at age 4) until we can get there.  I do not know at what point in our adoption process the orphanage director is told that a family is pursuing her.  I'm saddened that since she is older than we thought, it means she has spent more of her life just lying in a crib with no one to love her.  I wonder how long she has been orphaned.....since infancy or a year ago??  I am encouraged that if she is 4 years old and still surviving with Cockayne Syndrome in an orphanage setting, that she is a strong little girl!!  Just so many thoughts are going through my head with this new information.  More urgently wanting to get over there.....like yesterday!  I need to trust God's timing and plan in all of this and remember that she is His child before she is mine : )

8 comments:

  1. Oh I will be praying you can get to her even faster than you can dream of! Yes, she must be a strong little girl!

    Can't wait until you have her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, you had me scared there for a moment, lol! I was concerned you were re-thinking the adoption because she is older than you first thought. IF your family HAD thought that, of course that's between you and God but I'm so glad you are still wanting precious Julia! She obviously IS very strong to have gone through being so alone in this world in terms of a mommy,daddy, home, siblings etc. I'm reminded of that Dr. Suess book--"Oh The Places You (She!) Will Go!" Prayers for Julia--and for you, her new family too! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, easier said than done! Trusting in God through this whole process is the only option, yet it is not as easy as we would like to think.

    May God bless you, and GODSPEED my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't pretend to understand the thought processes of the orphanage workers but I know Adeye's little Hailee was 5 and she was still in that room with Julia so I'm taking that as a good sign tha Julia will not get transferred! I'd be interested to find out, as well, when the workers are notified that a family is on the way for a particular child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm --almost certain-- that the orphanage directors **don't** get notified until your dossier is submitted, translated, etc. and you get a travel date, because in theory, things could easily fall apart before that point (and unfortunately, they often do.) So the orphanage directors aren't notified until it's fairly definite that a family is on their way.

    Do you know if there are any RR families heading to that orphanage in the next month or so? If so, I'd contact that family and ask them to pass along information to the orphanage director, indicating that you're on your way, perhaps provide her with the blog URL. Or perhaps someone at RR has a contact with the director?

    I imagine an orphanage director would assume that nobody would come for Julia as a result of her condition, so putting that bug in his/her ear could mean the difference between a transfer or a few more months in the baby home. It's a bit "guerilla" but whatever works, I suppose!

    -Truewell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lord, speed it up!

    Mixed emotions totally understood. Poor, sweet Julia. I cannot wait to see her in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carey! Email me. mrs.motowink@yahoo.com

    I've been trying to find your email but haven't yet.

    Of course I'll take pics. Of course I'll talk to them.

    email me and we can talk more! Autumn

    ReplyDelete